Fengqi.Asia MySQL SmartMachine is a dynamically scalable virtual machine that is optimized for 64-bit MySQL. It's based on a standard SmartMachine, with general software stripped down to bare minimum, and with MySQL pre-installed and pre-configured for ultimate performance and scalability.
Percona SQL SmartMachine
Fengqi.Asia Percona SmartMachine is a dynamically scalable virtual machine optimized for the cloud. It's based on a standard MySQL SmartMachine, with general software stripped down to bare minimum, and with Percona Server (MySQL) pre-installed and preconfigured for ultimate performance and scalability. The Percona SmartMachine consists of:
1. Fengqi.Asia SmartMachine Architecture
Delivers lightweight container-based virtualization with CPU bursting and reduces I/O latency via SmartCache.
2. Hot Backup via XtraBackup
Performs non-blocking backups that complete quickly and reliably with no reboots required.
3. Percona Server with XtraDB
Provides superior scaling with greater memory use efficiency.
The Percona SmartMachine gives you the ability to:
- Run MySQL queries faster and consolidate servers
- Spend less time tuning or administering your environment
- Delay or even avoid sharding
- Generate detailed query logs with per-query statistics about locking, I/O, and query plan
- Use DTrace scripts and Fengqi.Asia Cloud Analytics for unrivaled database introspection and latency root cause analysis
- Understand performance with access to per table, per index, per user and per host counters
- Aggregate response time statistics for measuring performance that go beyond operation counts
- Enable and configure hot backups quickly with Fengqi.Asia QuickBackup; A fast non-blocking MySQL backup service, powered by Percona Xtrabackup
- Implement NoSQL protocol for MySQL via HandlerSocket
Riak NoSQL SmartMachine
Developed in partnership with Basho Technologies and inspired by Dynamo, Riak SmartMachines are scalable, fault-tolerant, open source key/value database servers intended to be the primary data storage mechanism in production applications. Riak SmartMachines scale elastically and horizontally, allowing you grow your cluster from 3 nodes to 10 nodes to 100 nodes and beyond — while your cluster is running. In addition to more storage space with added nodes, Riak SmartMachines deliver a linear increase in processing power.
Riak SmartMachines are:
- Built to operate in highly distributed environments, such as the cloud
- Master-less – no single point of failure
- Automatic data replication and read/write across all live nodes
- Highly fault-tolerant due to its distributed nature
- Highly available for use in read and write-intensive web applications
- Instantly scalable by adding a node to a cluster – with no downtime
- Incredibly stable and trusted by some of the world's largest companies
- Built-in, robust MapReduce engine for deep, complex queries
- Delivered with full-featured client libraries for, Java, PHP, Python, Erlang, and Ruby